Homemade Whole Wheat Pita Chips, another recipe for the books! Making your own pita chips are super easy (only 4 ingredients) and they are so much better than store-bought. Might I also add pretty healthy too since we are using whole wheat. They are the perfect complement to a bowl full of hummus or any other delicious dip!
- 4 whole wheat pita
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup plus 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cut each pita in half. Then split each pocket down the seam, so that the half now has a top and bottom. You should have 16 pieces total.
- In a small ramekin or bowl, mix together the salt and oregano. Brush each piece of pita (both sides) with olive and sprinkle with the salt oregano mixture. Cut each pita into wedges and transfer to a baking sheet. Continue the process with each piece of pita.
- Split the pita wedges, between to baking sheets. Bake each pan (one at a time) of pita for 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool and transfer to an airtight container.