These Parmesan Zucchini Fries are my favorite way to eat zucchini. Slightly more healthy than eating a french fry and just as delicious! They are dusted with panko and Parmesan and then fried to crispy perfection! So good. We have been making this recipes for years, its a household favorite.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 medium zucchini, almost 1 pound, cut into 3-inch long by ½-inch wide strips
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp salt, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- Pour enough oil into a heavy bottom frying pan, until it reaches a depth of two inches. Heat over medium heat.
- Stir Parmesan, the panko, and salt in a medium shallow bowl to combine. Whisk the eggs in another medium shallow bowl to combine. In batches, dip the zucchini in the egg to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Coat the zucchini in the Parmesan and panko mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely. Place the zucchini on a baking sheet.
- When the oil is hot, in batches, fry the zucchini sticks until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried zucchini to paper towels and drain.
- Arrange the fried zucchini on a platter. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
More savory recipes here!